Bat Cruise Events
August 9, 2009
On September 26th, the ACA will be holding its annual Bat Cruise. There will be several related events that day, so there will be plenty to do if you live around Austin, or you're coming in for the event.
Here's what will be happening:
- 5pm(ish) meet at the bar at Threadgill's Restaurant Threadgill's Restaurant 301 West Riverside Drive (at Barton Springs Rd.) Map for a quick drink and hello. You may park at One Texas Center (505 Barton Springs Road) parking garage behind the restaurant for the duration of the cruise. Parking should be free, unless there happens to be some other special event downtown that evening.
- 5:30pm walk to Capitol Cruises for the Bat Cruise. You're welcome to bring food and drink but no glass containers. We will be limiting the cruise to about 50 people, so get paid up prior to the event. The boat will leave promptly at 6pm. Don't be late!
- 8pm return to Threadgills and pick up your car and/or eat dinner. Note that it's a pleasant ~1 mile walk from Threadgill's to Esther's Follies, should you prefer not to hassle with parking downtown.
- 10pm The 10pm show at Esther's Follies comedy club starts. The address is 525 E 6th St. Map (512) 320-0553. It is recommended you get your reserve seating ticket(s) in advance via their web site ($25). Shows do fill up. We have no parking suggestions at this time, but the area can be congested on the weekends.
- After for those who are especially young and energetic, you'll be able to go clubbing on Austin's famous 6th street.
Please join us for this great set of events. There will be plenty of time for chatting and making new friends. We look forward to seeing you!
From the officers:
The ACA Lecture Series continues Sunday, February 4th, 12:15pm at the Austin History Center, 9th and Guadaupe. Chase Hunter will speak on "Inside Scientology 2: the Sea Org". The lecture is free and open to the public. The building opens at noon.