User Name:

Password:

FAQ Donate Join

General Discussion
superstition

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE----- Hash: SHA1

I just wanted to post a link to a video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wJzo5v8wYQ&hd=1

Please watch the video until the end. What are your thoughts about this? Why didn't any of the people, who saw the girl, just stop and ask her, whether everything is alright or where her parents are? Of course there is a possibility that most people did just that and they simply edited out the normal reactions and left the (hopefully) few ones, who were superstitious. Especially the last reaction was not just superstitious but downright crazy.

I watched a few funny videos on youtube until I stumbled upon this one. At first I found it amusing until the end of the video, where the lady attacked the child, I assume, out of some stupid fear. This instantly wiped the grin from my face and got me thinking... . In retrospect - after I switched the rational part of my brain back on - the other reactions weren't really that funny either - not funny at all, because noone tried to find out, what is going on. Sure at the first moment I would have been scared as well, but only at the first moment. After that I would have certainly asked the girl, whether she's okay. However I wouldn't have gone near her, because she might be mentally deranged and dangerous. But I would have called the police, if she didn't respond and stayed with her. -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE----- Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (Cygwin)

iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJQaePEAAoJEI3l5kphUdNDP4AQAIDEBkwed6ENQeXVkT3CDjlS IGA5JadwXCXNR8BozXFjuttQr7y0excsYoFGs5xEOicEJrfpzNAVaLa4j+Rw1C7w KjZ6/H0osTpWjEzgwqRgRoRG3ieqgmL7ps5sdfDbrG/rbhrw3VugFqsmKEG09qzO Khven0uMPqnnh97Qo1nkBBJUlw5YbU1IWpx/NBSlw1bTfd21J3o7uIUem2B7EzqM kaXZa3RefRtpSunVxoGqhYLnYgYKnn/EPApp2YZSp5Gq+jd/UPSKS4nuCAyuvqD/ DkgDsw4iGEDkD75oPdNh2iKAqxpbZPw9IYsq0HM6y36n4TKax6eXMqaPtT+YJ22k /w4mqubcRXR5/DC3+3S2b+X0Z5BtdUePVxT3L8raxIYwkBuZWElm8OVc4zWR6AKA 3Iz8rXFtjQhOEc8ckb7BHICDo6uY9RJMFeZX6AgWxVRuzD1xeBFc2ZczxfJCLS0w CZyix2s1oLq7apwjO4LQsqZ4WWqwnd1hKzv0Kkwn/4g5geV6A1m2hxQWFMhvCIdG KBkCo+C/GbjbLRxru2v9l080fOyBwfF8dvzqV6gK/RO7zAZGMhQYnrR8YAaDjYlh Fj6l7sxHIaRwqi9819pcyr73x2QCUhNIfmU+2WEZstccl9zKx/GDgelycROOht09 wtsROLsNkp5JOUoZuuSo =c8At -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

blip.tv ustream.tv

From the officers:

The audio and video from Steve Bratteng's July 13th lecture are now available.