User Name:

Password:

FAQ Donate Join

General Discussion
DNA

Does the complex nature of DNA actually prove there is a God because a pastor claims scientists.are disgarding Darwin's theory. However the only person that I know who believes this is Anthony Flew.

Pretty sure Antony Flew doesn't believe anything anymore, since he died last year. Even before his death, he was suffering from some form of dementia and had difficulty explaining what the believed and why to interviewers. In his final years, he had been manipulated by a small group of evangelical Christians, who basically lied to him about the evidence supporting evolution. Even with all that, his supposed "conversion" to theism amounted to deism, not full-blown Christianity.

As for the pastor's claim that scientists are discarding the Theory of Evolution - that's a pretty common lie. They've told it for so many years, I'm wondering if they're trying to convince us or themselves that it's really true.

I think they're trying to do both. Apologists always mention the eye in every single of their arguments against evolution citing Darwin statements but they only state that Darwin couldn't believe that the eye could have evolved but they neglect the rest of his argument where he shows the arguments how the eye did evolve. Apologists and Pastors are into fabricating or providing half truths to fool the gullible people who won't investigate their claims.

LOL , antony flew was'nt suffering from dementia when he stated " by following the science i have to conclude that intelligence is behind life"

isnt it funny that even when prominent scientists say there must be intelligence still atheists trun it around , like Dawkins ' oh antony flew has become to old to be thinking rationaly lol of course ...

He still thought Christianity was bullshit though.

I'll bet you only only champion his beliefs when they agree with yours.

No , not really like i,ve said i,ve allways beleived in a creator since age 5 , picked up a bible about age 17 , and that then begun a looong journey of study for Arguments for and against ....

Thing is there are scientists on both sides of the argument , scientists are paid to provide an outcome in a time period , i cant help but wonder that some comments i have heard from Christian scientists that they risk their jobs if they touch the 'theory' of evolution just the same way UNI students are threatened with denouncing ANY faith if they wish to pass their course ?? Dont believe me ? google it theirs been plenty of Court cases in the U.S over it ....' God is not dead '

I set out to with a very critical eye on the bible , it has taken many many years to destruct it , from outside sources , different schollars and archeologists ...

My conclusion remains the same as when i was 5 albeit more complicated . The bible has to be supernatural , we're talking 66 books by 40 odd aurthors yet the thing fits each book like a glove , thats if you take the whole book and not nit pick things out of context ...

ppl throw up its a violent book etc ....The caananites for example were warned for 400 odd yrs by God to change there ways or e destroyed then he used Israel to destoy them , the jews if they didnt follow gods law faced the same judgement . Harsh ? Man is harsh and without god there would be no planet left ...

If there was no Christians on this planet i fear what type of world it would be , ( oh it is all but that now ) should we bring back gladiator games ?

Of track there he he ...

My point being ' something from nothing ' the fine tuning of the iniverse is something science cannot answer , SO , i see a simbiotic planet in which the chances of a single cell forming by chance is 10^57800 to 1 , thats 1 with 57,800 zeros after it , yep the info's out there , and the number of atoms in the observable universe is 10^80, and any probability past 10^50 to 1 is deemed universally impossible so tell me,how could all these complex molecules form by chance, DNA holds more information than all the computers combined and rarely messes up and you honestly don't think something intelligent far beyond humans made this? and thats just DNA alone. the entire cell is just one complex, self operating system that is literally impossible to make by coincidence.

So when you can do the maths like someone like John Lennox or even non-christian scientists and explain how excatly we are here when infact we shouldnt be by scientific methods then i might play more ...

Now before i got all technical as a child i saw the design and wonder of this magnificent planet , i have only had to study this stuff to have an answer for my faith . To me there seems to be alot more 'faith' with Atheists than Christians and the stakes are higher , if i am wrong i lose nothing and have leant a hell of a lot about science and life , BUT i draw the line on the what is the defintiion of science , testable , observable , seems the goal posts and theories change as often as the weather ...

I dont need to be a scientists tho to KNOW you cannot get something from nothing , i told you the chances of ONE cell yet look at the abundance of incredibal life on this planet , oh how smart Natural selection is ??

Give christians a break we are the one with fairies under the miscroscopes ...Serious Something from nothing ?

DNA 3.5 billion pieces of code in the human genome all in exactly the right order , damn incredible , scinece will NEVER know the mind of GOD That IS the problem with us intelectuals isnt it ? We're so damn smart ...

We are running the planet into extinction , we,ve made thousands of thermonuclear weapons (that zecharia seems to mention) What else ? Slavery still exists , so does famine , pfft i could go on and on on where excactly scoence has taken us ??

Take out the greed and yer we may get somewhere , dang you,ll need theologins to do that :-)

More drivel.

If the Bible fits like a glove, why don't you answer Dan Barker's Easter Challenge (http://ffrf.org/legacy/books/lfif/stone.php) right here for all of us to see. Put the events claimed in the four gospels concerning the resurrection in proper order and make them consistent.

If you like the Old Testament, tell me how many witched you have killed. That was a direct command by the Christian god. If the answer is "none", then, congratulations, we both don't believe that crap.

The bible today is the same as yesterday and so is Gods view of the occult ( you shall have no gods before me )

Allthough my opinion is witches today are trivial new ages at best in old testament days they were in direct opposition to God , as was all false gods .

ppl of that day were also judge more harshly as God had a plan in motion for the redemtion of mankind through the line of the jews , david , solomon , abram etc ( Jesus ) God fiercly protected that line but also diciplined thay were not without fault .

Jesus abolished all laws before him , think of it this way , the ten commandments and the 600 odd additional laws cannot in no way be followed by any man , but to be a perfect example of rightesnous that is whats required . The laws were to show mankinds state (fallen)(imperfect) Jesus a perfect man who could abide by every single law an unblemished man , was made human to die for us , God said originally if you sin you will die , not becuase of punishment but becuase sin will lead to death down many a road , murder , immorality and its problems within families , stealing someones property can all lead to death .

BUT we are sinners , Satan tricked eve into knowing ALL things , good and BAD , we will and do Sin , its in our nature and bones now , no way can we keep the laws , so Jesus came and died for us , we as christians DO NOT become more immoral lol thats a ludicrous joke and really throwing gods gift of salvation back in his face , why , why become a christian to sin more ??

Atheist do not understand the bible that is what i have found by discussing things with them ...

NO we are not to kill witches , homosexuals , murderers or ANYBODY , god is the judge , and i have an uncle a beutifull man who is openly gay .

Imo and its biblical fact . Christians do not come under judgement if they indeed try there very hardest not to sin and if they do faulter , ask for forgivness and try harder next time , thus distancing ourselves as much as humanly possible from it .

My uncle not a chrisitan has desires , unnatural/natural regarding his biological makeup . he not being a christian will come under judgement , christians avoid judgement becuase we have accepted gods gift on the cross ... my uncle a beutifull man a heart of gold will be judged according to his deeds and his heart (the bible says god knows the heart) I leave it to god to judge him as the most righteous judge he is , out of love ...

I know god will do what is just and right , some people , will get another chance , otherwise there wouldnt need to be a judgement ? To determine clemency or death ? God knows our world especially now-days , satan is turning the world more immoral and discusting every single day , God knows our pressures and he will make everything right ...

Those witches may have died , but god is yet to judge them according to there times laws , knowledge , family , background etc etc ...

Dont presume God is Evil , it is Satan that is Evil and twisted Good for Evil and Evil for good .

Cheer's ....God is Love...will judge out of love and the bible says wants NO-BODY to persih but wants all to perish , he will make a new heaven and a new earth for rightesnous to dwell ...

Free will , god wants us to listen to him becuase he knows whats best , my children i tell them dont do that or you will get hurt , now is that not love ? I,ll still love them if they fail to listen and get hurt . We are a supreme creation in gods image , he has grand plans for eternity , yet he cannot have a human creation that intends to turnaway and keep returning to there vomit , when will my kids learn ? Good and greed and cannot continue on the same planet ...

Now if you,s atheists think you can eliminate greed and be happy little campers you,s are mistaken , we are running/raping this planet out of existence and we will continue to do so until it shakes us off , we will not listen ...

Like clockwork. Present a difficult passage and get a lame rationalization.

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." Matthew 5:17. The law never changed. It's such a common and bad rationalization. The god of the Bible is a monster and your god-man never changed that.

Just a spoon full of sugar helps the plutonium go down, the plutonium go down, the plutonium go down....

My dog has free will. Do you think your god will torture him, too, in the afterlife?

Sorry i did a typo

(the bible says wants NO-BODY to persih but wants all to perish )

meant to say wants no-body to perish but wants all to repent )

He came to fullfill the law ? Do you actually know what that means ? It seems not , how long have you actually studied and read the bible ?

The Law Stands yes , gods law is unchanging , BUT jesus took our punishment for not abiding to the law . He himself became Sin , he fixed it .

The Law if followed makes you righteous , God knew when it was given it could not be kept , but his standard is unchanging , so , For God by his own standard to offer forgivness and salvation to mankind while upholding the Law , became man and nailed the law to the cross , period .

You dont understand christianity which is unfortunate , Atheists seem to gleen a bit and run a holla , see , see God is Evil , so far from the truth ...

The second Death ? shows there will be no eternal punishment , you can take what you want out of context , eternal punishment is the opposite of eternal life , you are forever dead .

So me if i am saved through christs sacrifice i have eternal life , its a guarantee , not through anything i,ve done , but becuase christ is the fullfillment of the LAW and reconciled us to God .

ppl who are not judged favourably are cast into the ' symbolical lake of fire with death and hades ' meaning the second death or eternal extinction.

Your Dog , lol the bible doesnt mention animals , or eternal torture ...

Somethings when you understand the bible are literal some are metaphorical ?

Jesus said i am the door ? Surely you dont think jesus was a door ?

lol like your poem , funny , but unfortunatelly you are misinformed .

Like you said ' as long as i dont shove it down your throat ' which i have no intention on doing . i,ve been on this ride before ...

Nice chatting Don , hope you sincerally have a good year .

All i can say in a closing statement is ppl misinterpret the bible in so many ways ...By becomming christian makes us more immoral is just one such extreme case of such ...

Cheers ...

Earlier you said that Jesus abolished the old laws. You lied apparently.

So you admit that Christianity is a free pass to murder.

Fortunately, us seculars have a better concept for morality called personal responsibility. It's a much higher standard.

Tell me, if God wants you to kill witches and Jesus absolves you from all responsibility for doing so, why aren't Christians doing that now?

The answer is that that fad has passed. Sane people have figured out that Christianity is a monstrous fiction. The natural sadism of the religion has been suppressed so that it could continue on, tolerated, in a world that is so far advanced and so much better than the genocide and atrocities that are in the Christian instruction manual or it's actual history. From their fruits, ye shall know them. That statement from the Bible is true.

So your god's gunna get me for not believing. Sorry. File this under emotional manipulation. I gave you a test you could do, to pray for something in the name of your god and see if it was true. You could pray for my conversion today, but we both know it wouldn't happen. You could pray for an ice cream sundae today, but we both know it wouldn't happen. To continue the mind games, Christians pray for a vague "sign" that they can spin later.

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it." John 14:12-14.

Maybe you can pray that you figure out it's a fraud.

Interesting comments , rehashed ...

"us seculars have a better concept for morality called personal responsibility"

We are moral beings , we get our concience from God , something science cannot explain .

"the genocide and atrocities that are in the Christian instruction manual"

Atheists have no reason to be moral , and have commited just as many atrocities , those atrocities from 'proffesing' christians are not following christs commands but going against them , hence not christian at all ..

"So your god's gunna get me for not believing"

No , i dont beleive that at all , what i beleive is that god is a perfect judge and understands mans predicament and knows our hearts and life experiences , some ppl do A becuase they were B ...

God will judge out of love .

As far as your test of prayer go's i have prayed for things that have come true and i put that down to my effort and just plain luck actually ...

"Maybe you can pray that you figure out it's a fraud."

hmm interesting , Something from nothing is a fraud ...im not the one indoctrinated ...

Seems you are the only one from 'athesit experience' replying here so seems to me its on a rotation? Seems also that the Atheist Experience just likes to say no no no , we rebuke everything except what our smart intelectual scientsits feed us as fact , then when that 'fact' gets debunked and another 'fact' comes along we will be all in with that one to , thats if and when they agree on a hypothesis that is .

Last post here from me as i also do last posts on the other threads , ive seen enough one sided arguments for this year allready , ive had my atheist experience , next ...

"We are moral beings , we get our concience from God , something science cannot explain . "

False. Read Consciousness Explained by Dan Dennett. Plus, you're giving an argument from ignorance (a logical fallacy). It's not convincing. It just tells us that you need logical fallacies (effectively lies) to back up your points. We already KNOW Christianity is a fraud.

"Atheists have no reason to be moral , and have commited just as many atrocities , those atrocities from 'proffesing' christians are not following christs commands but going against them , hence not christian at all .. "

False. Atheists have everything to gain from acting morally as we have empathy, compassion, reason, and responsibility. The god you claim to follow is a malicious mass murderer who has commanded YOU to kill various people. The fact that you don't do it is your secular morality overriding obviously bad commands from the Bible. How you justify it is just mental gymnastics.

I've already explained that Christians' kill rate greatly surpasses those who you call "atheists". How did your god help exactly? Plus, I've already explained that lacking a belief in something is not motivation to kill, BUT worshiping a mass murder is certainly a path to that.

"Seems you are the only one from 'athesit experience' replying here so seems to me its on a rotation? Seems also that the Atheist Experience just likes to say no no no , we rebuke everything except what our smart intelectual scientsits feed us as fact , then when that 'fact' gets debunked and another 'fact' comes along we will be all in with that one to , thats if and when they agree on a hypothesis that is .?"

Our members participate in different ways. You're welcome to call the show and amaze us with your brilliance.

"God will judge out of love ."

Why is it that Christians can't seem to give any serious evidence for their god, but they are absolutely certain of his thoughts and motivations? As near as I can tell, Christians have a broken concept of love, because they think that killing your own child is an act of love. Can you guess which Bible verse I'm thinking of?

Dont be so quick to jump on the ' lied ' button ? peace ...

"Earlier you said that Jesus abolished the old laws. You lied apparently."

Jesus both fullfilled the Law and abolished it , if you understand scripture in context from OT to NT ...

Jesus was the only human able to 'uphold' the law , he did not sin , he abolished it for you and me and took the 300 odd laws down to two ...

" Love the Lord your God with all your heart sole and mind and your neighbour as yourself , on these two cammands hangs the laws from the prohets "

He abolished it in that we by Gods perfect standard are sinners and it is impossible to keep the LAW , Jesus took our punishment on the cross , so that whoever ACCEPTS jesu's gift of salvation and redemption does not come under the judgment of god or the law ...

We all sin yes even christians , BUT we do not practice sin , we acknowledge that we are not perfect and that jesus has made us perfect before god by going to the cross instead of YOU .

At the end of the days to paraphraze the bible : God knows our hearts and the times we live in both of those past and present , he does NOT want anybody to die , but for all to live forever ' eternity '

You can stick with your ' time + matter + chance to extinction if you like my advice for what its worth is to hedge your bets and keep an eye on this interesting year we have begun ...

btw , Satan the god of this world is wicked and evil and turns man on himself , you have got the two confused , satan from the unseen realm has infiltrated the government from the top down ...

you should google some illuminati whistleblowers etc on there Lucifarian worship with members of the skull and bones @ bohemien grove etc, pedophilia , spirit beings that directly converse and posses top government officials in the CIA , FBI , whitehouse ...

I allways wondered excaclty how Satan rules the world i could never find the connection , until i found the illuminati and there pedophilia Satan worshipping dark scum that they are ...

Maybe direct your hate at what is really going on in the world and not joining the last great attack on christianity as prophesied in the bible , seems to me you are ripe for the picking by the NWO illuminati anti-christ when he soon appears on the scene ...

Im ready for him , but im not batting on the same side you are ....

The bible says ' the WHOLE world is under the power of the wicked one " hence what science is public knowledge and whats destroyed , what we watch on the news and whats censored , what we are lied to about in school , yup the whole system is one big lie ...

A universe from nothing would have to be the biggest yet the zombies beleive it ?

Dont beleive me , no ? Of Corse you dont your an intelectual scientist , i,d keep an open mind and watch carefully the manouvers on this planet for the next few years , unfortuanelly it will take whats comming to wake some ppl up ...

Keep in mind our days are as the days of Noah , in our time to The Door WILL Close of salvation then those that have not accepted jesus and accepted the mark of the beast will be left abandoned by your scientists , by satan , by everything you know and you will face Your abandonment of God as you stand alone ....Then and thats what it unfortuantelly will take for people to see whats been right before there eyes all their life but they have chosen to dismiss it ....

Unfortunately for most at that time your knnes will bend , you will bow and you will finally acknowledge that science was wrong , evolution was a lie and you,ve been a mindless lemming that has followed the in crowd ...

Unless you,ve done the science for yourself why trust it ? Thats matts argument , your trusting archeologists , scholars , etc etc , but yous dont play by the same rules , you beleive the big bang , string theory , whatever theory they come up with , BUT have you looked at the evidence yourself ? of course not your taking it on faith ?

Thing is when it comes to things like this , you really need to go ask school kids under 12-14 who havent been brainwashed and ask them

CAN YOU GET SOMETHING FROM NOTHING ?

CAN LIFE COME FROM NON-LIFE ?

becuase only then will you get honest answers that science cannot , has not answered ...

Unfortunately when you graduate from school you just join the lemming line .

As far as me praying for your conversion , im sure jesus wants us all to convert as does god , he has given us the free will to reject him ...

Guess you,ve heard abbout the wide road with many people on it that leads to destruction and the narrow road that leads to life and only a few find it ?

I AM THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE NO-ONE COMES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME ...

Science cannot save this planet , we need 0 emissions yesterday , we need food , we need jobs then we can get back to our nirvana of salvery ?

i,ll take the narrow road thanks ...

Watch world events you may wake up before the door slams shut and this world tips ?

God bless ..

I'm going to file this under "Christians have a rationalization for everything".

"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets." Gee, you would think that he didn't mean to abolish the Law. I stand corrected. Apparently, if the Bible says X, it really means "shut off your brain and use this moronic rationalization and give us money". Repeat over and over again.

On second thought, I'll file it under "Christians are willfully delusional."

Then he follows it up with more logical fallacies and emotional manipulation. As they say, you can't reason someone out of something they never reasoned their way into.

(John) "Sorry i did a typo (the bible says wants NO-BODY to persih but wants all to perish ) meant to say wants no-body to perish but wants all to repent )"

(Linda) 2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slow concerning his promise, as some count slowness; but is patient with us, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." But from what I've read; about what happened after the supposed death of Jesus, people were led to believe they were living in the end times, and the Son of Man was coming in His kingdom very soon. Clearly the supposed Jesus taught that his "second coming" would be in the first century. Jesus' second coming didn't happen real soon as He promised. Matthew 24:30-34 "they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory .this generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled." (This generation meaning the generation living at the time Jesus was supposedly saying this). Jesus to His twelve apostles: Matthew 10:7 - "preach, saying, the kingdom of heaven has drawn near." Matthew 10:23 - "in no wise will ye have completed the cities of Israel, until the son of man be come." This is Jesus telling the apostles that they will not complete preaching in the first century to Israel before Jesus comes back, which is during the destruction of the temple at Jerusalem in 70 AD. Matthew 16:28 "There are some of those standing here, who in nowise shall taste of death, until they have seen the Son of man coming in his kingdom." Jesus talking to His twelve apostles standing in front of Him. There is no doubt this never happened, which is the reason for all of the future excuses. Oh, He can't come back until all those nasty doubters and unwashed people stop messing things up for the rest of us.

(John) "He came to fullfill the law ? Do you actually know what that means ? It seems not , how long have you actually studied and read the bible ?"

(Linda) The word Messiah is a misinterpretation of the Hebrew word Mashiach. The word Mashiach means anointed with oil. (Exodus 29:7, 1-Kings 1:39, 2-Kings. Jesus Did Not Fulfill the Messianic Prophecies Biblical prophecy is the promise of a future age of universal peace and recognition of God. (Isaiah 2:1-4, 32:15-18, 60:15-18; Zephaniah 3:9; Hosea 2:20-22; Amos 9:13-15; Micah 4:1-4; Zechariah 8:23, 14:9; Jeremiah 31:33-34) Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4) If an individual fails to fulfill even one of these conditions, then he cannot be the Messiah. So, it's back to the drawing board to make up some more excuses.

(John) "The Law Stands yes , gods law is unchanging , BUT jesus took our punishment for not abiding to the law . He himself became Sin , he fixed it .

(Linda) Deuteronomy 24:16. The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin. That means no one can die for your sins? No person (or Lamb of God) can receive the death penalty to pay for the crimes of another person. This is in conflict with the fact that (it is written) God blames everyone for the "original sin" of Adam and Eve. God was completely in agreement with the torture and killing of his son Jesus for everyone else's sins. If God doesn't follow his own moral laws then He is immaterial for establishing a moral code of ethics.

(John) "The Law if followed makes you righteous, God knew when it was given it could not be kept, but his standard is unchanging, so, For God by his own standard to offer forgivness and salvation to mankind while upholding the Law, became man and nailed the law to the cross, period."

(Linda) Many Bible passages are contradictory concerning Gods moral guide, and many of them are immoral by self-governing standards. There are passages where God expressly commands others to kill people, and several stories where God irrationally kills or tries to kill for no apparent reason. Violence is definitely the most often mentioned activity in the Bible. There is a huge conflict between what is written in the Bible and civilized people's concept of what is just, loving, caring and benevolent. God justifies slavery and defines women as inferiors and the property of men. There is no industrialized or civilized country that would sanction genocide, but God ordered it many times. Anyone can deny these facts, but they are the facts, and these facts seriously question the morality of the God of the Bible.

(John) "You dont understand christianity which is unfortunate , Atheists seem to gleen a bit and run a holla , see , see God is Evil , so far from the truth ... "

(Linda) I think you are the one that doesn't even know what was written or who wrote it. The problem with following the Christian belief or myth is that it makes it possible for people to do evil by deferring to God's sense of morality and not what is in fact moral. These kinds of beliefs give some people an excuse to harm others - those people who may be different or those who disagree with them.

(John) "The second Death ? shows there will be no eternal punishment , you can take what you want out of context , eternal punishment is the opposite of eternal life , you are forever dead .

(Linda) The story in Genesis about "sin" or "original sin" is not in the Hebrew Scriptures, because this story started with Christianity, and those promoting Christianity. It's a way to get people to believe that they are damned to hell and need to accept Christianity as a way out of damnation. There is no concept of hell in the Hebrew Scripture. Disobedience is not the reason for the "curse" it was their desire to be wise, or to gain knowledge. The ignorant Eve was surely no contest for the talking snake that persuaded her to eat the fruit. God should have warned her against talking to snakes.

(John) "So me if i am saved through christs sacrifice i have eternal life , its a guarantee , not through anything i,ve done , but becuase christ is the fullfillment of the LAW and reconciled us to God . ppl who are not judged favourably are cast into the ' symbolical lake of fire with death and hades ' meaning the second death or eternal extinction."

(Linda) You can make it mean anything that fits your excuses, but it's really a lot of copy cat myths that are meaningless.

From your comments you dont understand the bible and are taking out of context LINDA ...

Jesus did say this generation will not pass away meaning the generation that see's the beginning of birth pains , as we look at the world we can see that these 'events; are getting closer together and faster , excactly the sign jesus said to look for .(this generation) will not pass away until all has occured , scriptually there is only a couple of things left

The Rise of a Global Government , the Falling away (which is happening now ) thankyou to anti-theists , its a given , but you are fullifilling prophecy and the man of Lawlessness will be revealed , according to scripture he would have to be alive now ...

As we are in (out of scientists mouths) an extinction phaze , man is morally bankrupt , homosexuality was illegal here in Austalia till 1976 , Abortion was also illegal at one time ... Miley cirus , rihanna , iggy azalea etc etc the music industry oush the boundries of 'morality' again whats next ? Totally naked music videos , bring back gladiator games ?

WW3 is just about here , the world is facing massive 'insurmountable' challenges which the bible predicted .

AND

"every man shall be put to death for his own sin. That means no one can die for your sins? No person (or Lamb of God) can receive the death penalty to pay for the crimes of another person."

This is totally true what you said , The payment for sin is death , we are all sinners , the only way GOD could give a pardon and forgive mans sin and redeam them by 9his own standard of judgement) was to become man and die for our sins . ADAM a perfect man JESUS a perfect man ...

'through one man sin entered the world and death through sin , also through one man jesus has redeamed the world .

It is only through GODS gift that he can offer eternity and forgive us our sins , he has made a way out from death .ADAM was meant to live forever , GODS plan has not changed the last 5-6000 yrs has been a hiccup in gods plan , BUT , it roots out sin forever and reconciles GOD and MAN without him breaking his promise that if you eat you WILL die , and he who does the will of god WILL live forever ...

"those promoting Christianity. It's a way to get people to believe that they are damned to hell and need to accept Christianity as a way out of damnation."

Hell fire is a Roman catholic teaching a total misrepresentation of scripture , the lake of fire is the second death 'where death will be thrown' Death cannot be tormented forever ??

Jesus is very clear on his judgement upon the church , The Roman Catholic church are not christian they are biblically pagan ...

Jesus came to bring peace to people including freeing them from thoughts of eternal hellfire which is a false teaching . Satan is the father of False religion , and he has turned alot of ppl away from Christ through 'religion' , God has allready judged the Roman Chruch and they will be judged by a different standard becuase they are misleading honest people who are trying to find god , that is scriptually backed ...

Do not worship idols , they dress like kings adorned in scarlet , wolves in sheeps clothing etc ...

The pope is not a man of god , the Roman catholic church will be totally destroyed , they will be the first to go when the pope has united all religion under a one world religion 'banner' and the world has turned on religion (they will destroy all religion even attampt christianity , christians will be labelled terrorists along with the rest , you can see strings being pulled by the illuminati now to trun ppl agains religion ...

They brought down the twin towers , blame it on religion , they made Al-quada and Isis , they are American employees CIA lol ...

When you look at the shadow government running the world it all is clear what is going on ... The might of the U.S again 4x4s and Isis are gaining ground , when Isis is gone America will create another boogy man ??

When you see the world through the bible it is very clear whats going on , where we sit and whats to come ...

Prophecy ...

(John) "No , not really like i,ve said i,ve allways beleived in a creator since age 5 , picked up a bible about age 17 , and that then begun a looong journey of study for Arguments for and against ...."

(Linda) That's amazing! And you still don't know enough to argue for either side intelligently.

(John) "Thing is there are scientists on both sides of the argument , scientists are paid to provide an outcome in a time period , i cant help but wonder that some comments i have heard from Christian scientists that they risk their jobs if they touch the 'theory' of evolution just the same way UNI students are threatened with denouncing ANY faith if they wish to pass their course ?? Dont believe me ? google it theirs been plenty of Court cases in the U.S over it ....' God is not dead '

(Linda) If any scientist (especially "Christian" scientists) could find a major flaw the theory of evolution they would have presented it long ago. It would make them very important and wealthy. In over 200 years nothing has been found to discredit evolution. Evolution has been observed and that's why it's a theory and a fact. There is no theory that requires a Supernatural Being or a Creator for us to exist. That is why it is necessary to have "faith" to believe in God. There is no logical theory about the existence of God, if there was they would present it like Darwin did with the theory of evolution, and then let the experts examine the evidence. There is no evidence of "design" or that anything was "created", but there is plenty of evidence of evolution. Scientists first evaluate the plausibility of an explanation for some phenomena before they apply it to a theory. Scientists can't just say something is possible without evidence or demonstrations that prove something is possible.

(John) "I set out to with a very critical eye on the bible , it has taken many many years to destruct it , from outside sources , different schollars and archeologists ... My conclusion remains the same as when i was 5 albeit more complicated . The bible has to be supernatural , we're talking 66 books by 40 odd aurthors yet the thing fits each book like a glove , thats if you take the whole book and not nit pick things out of context ..."

(Linda) The Old Testament came from Ugarit. The OT story of the flood has an almost exact copy in Ugaritic literature. The Ugaritic (Cannanite) literature is similar to work in Hebrew composed between the seventh and the third century B.C. There is not one shred of evidence that any Israeli slaves ever lived in ancient Egypt. The Old Testament that supposedly came from Moses is probably based on the Egyptian pharaoh Akhenaten, who is also credited with creating monotheism. Like Moses Akhenaten led an exodus from Egypt. There was never any ancient sprawling kingdom of Israel; there was an ancient Jerusalem, but not the mythical kingdom of Israel. That phrase comes from the combination of three ancient deities, Isis - Ra, and El., and Moses never existed. An Egyptian pharaoh named Ptolemy first collected various books and put them together, it was a Pagan pharaoh named Ptolemy who put together what resembles the Bible of today. Ptolemy had the OT books around 250 B.C.

The Israelites lived for centuries with the Canaanites. Many of the sacrifices that are mentioned in the Ugaritic texts have names that are identical to those described in the book of Leviticus. It is also clear that Ugaritic and early biblical Hebrew poetry share a common literary tradition. El was used as the name of the all-powerful God of monotheistic religions. The Israelites identified him with their God YHWH in order to develop the monotheism of the Torah. Then, much later, under Jewish and Christian influence, Muhammad declared El, under his Arabic designation, Allah, to be the one true God and founded Islam.

When the royal palace of Ugarit was uncovered, a large number of cuneiform tablets were found. These tablets were the literature written down in about 1375 BCE but much older in origin. This literature described Canaanite gods that can be found in the Hebrew Bible.

If you would care to read a book on the subject: Mark S Smith, 'The origins of biblical monotheism: Israel's polytheistic background and the Ugaritic texts', New York: Oxford University Press, 2001.

(John) "ppl throw up its a violent book etc ....The caananites for example were warned for 400 odd yrs by God to change there ways or e destroyed then he used Israel to destoy them , the jews if they didnt follow gods law faced the same judgement . Harsh ? Man is harsh and without god there would be no planet left ..."

(Linda) When people do honest research they don't start out to prove something they are looking for what is there, and they let the evidence tell them what is true. Archaeologists are very competitive and they want to discover important finds. They can't be concerned about whether or not the public will like what they have found. Archaeological sweeps of the Sinai have failed to find any evidence of Moses et al wandering there. If someone wants to research the claim that archaeological finds attest to the fact that the religious beliefs of Egypt, Canaan, and Mesopotamia were transformed into the Bible's worshiping the Golden Calf story on Mount Sinai. What facts back that up? This is the way to do research. You look for material on this subject in the library in books, chronicles, archives and records. When you find that the only god specifically called a Golden Calf by the ancient Egyptians in their writings is Pharaoh in the Old Kingdom Pyramid Texts. That information was found in letters from Canaanite princes addressed to Pharaoh Akhenaten. If this was transformed into the Bible's worshiping the Golden Calf story on Mount Sinai who was Moses really. Akhenaten was able to abolish the complex pantheon of the ancient Egyptian religion and replace it with a single God. The same story is told about Moses. Akhenaten and his followers had to exodus Egypt into the Sinai, isn't that a coincidence, so was Moses. A number of archaeologists and scholars have found through research that there were never any Hebrew slaves in Egypt, no exodus or wandering the desert. The OT story claims Moses was given the law on Mt. Sinai and was ordered by God to bring the law down to his people. That is not true, because it can be demonstrated to be false. The Ten Commandments were not given to Moses on Mt. Sinai they came from the Egyptian Book of the Dead.

(John) "If there was no Christians on this planet i fear what type of world it would be , ( oh it is all but that now ) should we bring back gladiator games ?" Of track there he he ... (Linda) Studies have proven that the least religious countries in the world are far ahead of the most religious in every way. Especially noticeable is the fact that they are far less violent.

(John) "My point being ' something from nothing ' the fine tuning of the iniverse is something science cannot answer ,

(Linda) Isaac Newton believed God created and conserved order in the universe. He believed that a creator designed it specifically for the existence of human life. The discovery of other solar systems outside our own, in 1992, proved that our world was not so uniquely designed and that human life could exist throughout the universe. It is not miraculous that there are planets that support life. There are untold numbers of planets in the galaxy; any form of intelligent life that evolved would adapt to that environment. The conditions would be perfect for them.

(John) "SO , i see a simbiotic planet in which the chances of a single cell forming by chance is 10^57800 to 1 , thats 1 with 57,800 zeros after it , yep the info's out there , and the number of atoms in the observable universe is 10^80, and any probability past 10^50 to 1 is deemed universally impossible so tell me,how could all these complex molecules form by chance, DNA holds more information than all the computers combined and rarely messes up and you honestly don't think something intelligent far beyond humans made this? and thats just DNA alone. the entire cell is just one complex, self operating system that is literally impossible to make by coincidence."

(Linda) Life's basic building blocks comprise a group of chemicals known as nitrogenated aromatics. They form the very foundations of all life on Earth. Astrophysicists study the composition of the universe by analyzing spectra - the unique signatures of light either emitted directly by stars or reflected by non-luminous objects, such as moons, asteroids, comets, dust and gas. Using sensitive instruments called spectrometers; scientists can detect elements and compounds at great distances. Nitrogenated aromatics exist throughout the Milky Way galaxy. The chemistry that underlies life on Earth is abundant throughout the universe.

(John) "So when you can do the maths like someone like John Lennox or even non-christian scientists and explain how excatly we are here when infact we shouldnt be by scientific methods then i might play more ..."

(Linda) I will repeat: Using sensitive instruments called spectrometers; scientists can detect elements and compounds at great distances. Nitrogenated aromatics exist throughout the Milky Way galaxy. The chemistry that underlies life on Earth is abundant throughout the universe.

(John) "Now before i got all technical as a child i saw the design and wonder of this magnificent planet , i have only had to study this stuff to have an answer for my faith . To me there seems to be alot more 'faith' with Atheists than Christians and the stakes are higher , if i am wrong i lose nothing and have leant a hell of a lot about science and life , BUT i draw the line on the what is the defintiion of science , testable , observable , seems the goal posts and theories change as often as the weather ... "

(Linda) Using logic reasoning and real provable facts also eliminates fraud and just flat out lies.

(John) "I dont need to be a scientists tho to KNOW you cannot get something from nothing , i told you the chances of ONE cell yet look at the abundance of incredibal life on this planet , oh how smart Natural selection is ??"

(Linda) You don't understand the first thing about evolution - you have never studied it - and you have never known anything but ignorance and superstition.

(John) "Give christians a break we are the one with fairies under the miscroscopes ...Serious Something from nothing ?"

(Linda) The Big Bang Theory is the basis for all scientific research because it has stood up to every test. The Big Bang theory is the theory that the universe started with a huge and rapid expansion of a singular zero size condensed point about fourteen billion years ago. Hubble's observations are proof of that expansion. At the Big Bang (time is zero) and (mass had to be zero.) The singularity had to be mass less. If there is no time (beyond Planck time - smallest amount of time possible), mass does not exist. If space did not exist in singularity and mass was not the origin of the universe we have to consider its energy equivalent as the initiator. Time is a property of space-time universe. In the energy-time version time is a computable element that cannot exist in singularity. Singularity is not time-bound. Steven Hawking, George Ellis, and Roger Penrose the British astrophysicists and mathematician worked on the Theory of Relativity and its implications regarding the notion of time. According to their calculations, time and space had a finite beginning that corresponded to the origin of matter and energy. The singularity didn't appear in space; space began inside of the singularity. Singularity by definition is zero size. There are many evidences that zero point contains energy. Casimir force and Lamb shift are proof for the presence of energy in point zero. There is no evidence that at the beginning of time mass was present. With the ultra-dense mass model the matter would turn to pure energy before the reformation of mass particles. With quantum mechanics things happen spontaneously. If the point of energy that started the expansion was (spontaneous) the cause is meaningless. The universe started with a spontaneous burst of energy and that was the source of the expansion of space.

(John) "DNA 3.5 billion pieces of code in the human genome all in exactly the right order , damn incredible , scinece will NEVER know the mind of GOD That IS the problem with us intelectuals isnt it ? We're so damn smart ..."

(Linda) Scientific theories comprise proven facts not beliefs, but there is no discovery that Creation or Intelligent design will lead to. DNA confirmed evolution to the point that it was hard to deny evolution without looking ridiculous. Some theists thought that they could separate themselves from the ignorant creationists by claiming that evolution was true but God must have created things that way. This nutty notion was tagged "Thistic Evolution". Scientists rejected Theistic Evolution, and so did Darwin. It is not supported by the theory of Evolution.

Theistic evolution not only requires radical revisions in the Biblical creation story in Genesis about Creation and the Creator, but it also requires revision in the theory of Evolution. The Bible claims that God created everything in six days, it does not state that it evolved over billions of years. The Bible makes no statement that would lead anyone to conclude that Theistic Evolution's claim that there was a Creation of Evolution by the Creator to make things evolve. The Bible states that God created animals after their kind. All species of animals were created in six days, and no new species has ever appeared since. That would mean that the life forms that were created didn't evolve. We know that there are transitional fossils. The Bible claims that God made man from the dust of the ground not that man evolved from a common ancestor.

The Creationist claim that creation was a one-time event that is not taking place today. However, Dr. Kefyn M. Catley, staff scientist at the American Museum of Natural History, found a centipede in Central Park that she couldn't identify, so she sent it to Richard L. Hoffman, curator for invertebrates at the Virginia Museum of Natural History. Hoffman couldn't identify it either, so he sent it to scientists in Italy, who proclaimed it one of a kind, a new genus and species. They declared that the centipede was a first and named it after Hoffman: Nannarrup hoffmani, or Hoffman's dwarf centipede.

(John) "We are running the planet into extinction , we,ve made thousands of thermonuclear weapons (that zecharia seems to mention) What else ? Slavery still exists , so does famine , pfft i could go on and on on where excactly scoence has taken us ??

Take out the greed and yer we may get somewhere , dang you,ll need theologins to do that :-)"

(Linda) Not to mention global warming, which most creationists deny. It is very obvious that the Bible demonstrates no knowledge of anything scientific. An all-knowing being did not inspire the bible. I certainly would have used some advanced technology (if I knew it existed) if I were giving a message to the whole world that their salvation depended on. People wrote the bible who had no knowledge of advanced technology. The bible was not inspired by a superior being.

(Linda) The Old Testament came from Ugarit. The OT story of the flood has an almost exact copy in Ugaritic literature. The Ugaritic (Cannanite) literature is similar to work in Hebrew composed between the seventh and the third century B.C. There is not one shred of evidence that any Israeli slaves ever lived in ancient Egypt. The Old Testament that supposedly came from Moses is probably based on the Egyptian pharaoh Akhenaten, who is also credited with creating monotheism. Like Moses Akhenaten led an exodus from Egypt. There was never any ancient sprawling kingdom of Israel; there was an ancient Jerusalem, but not the mythical kingdom of Israel. That phrase comes from the combination of three ancient deities, Isis - Ra, and El., and Moses never existed. An Egyptian pharaoh named Ptolemy first collected various books and put them together, it was a Pagan pharaoh named Ptolemy who put together what resembles the Bible of today. Ptolemy had the OT books around 250 B.C.

i see that you copy and paste , im not gonna take the time to deconstruct everything you say as this point alone is false _

the Ugaritic writings fit into Biblical history. Quite well, in fact I approach the Bible as a literalist. So I believe in a global flood, and that all the peoples of the world are descended from Noah's family.

So here's some food for thought: Noah and his family knew God, and even spoke with God. And when their descendants were later scattered across the earth, do you think that each and every group of them forgot everything they knew of Him?

No. Some would have remembered. Bits and pieces, at least. So we have societies such as Ugarit, and China, whose deities probably are (imo) the God of the Bible. Their images are distorted in various ways, but knowledge of the original God of Noah is at the root of them.

Compare the stories of the Ugarit and the bible and the names .

I think we must be careful to distinguish between names and titles. For example, Jesus has one name: Jesus. But he has many titles, such as:

Lamb of God Word of God Christ Bread of life The true vine The Son of Man The Door

and so on -----

Regarding ancient deities, YHWH is a name. But the others you mentioned are actually titles: El or Elohim: God Elyon: God Most High El Shaddai: God Almighty Baal: Master I AM Alpha and omega

and so on------

So I just want to make it clear that just as Jesus has many titles among Christians, YHWH had many titles among Jews. Deities often had multiple labels because they had multiple attributes. Egyptian gods, for example, sometimes had five names each.

Regarding "Elohim" in particular, it isn't plural when it's used with a singular verb, which is almost every time in the scriptures. Hebrew has other words like that, such as "panim" (meaning "face"), as does English ("sheep", "deer").

And I'll say up front that I believe El of the Ugarits is the God of the Bible, that the Ugarits mistakenly called Baal (the son of God placed in authority over them) the Most High, thus giving him more honor than he deserved, and that the Jews correctly associated YHWH, being the Creator, as the Most High.

THe Ugarit texts pre-date the hebrews BUT -

Mankind had a history between the Flood and the calling of Abraham. And this is where it gets interesting .

7: Remember the days of old; consider the years of many generations; ask your father, and he will show you, your elders, and they will tell you.

8: When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance, when he divided mankind, he fixed the borders of the peoples according to the number of the sons of God.

9: But the Lord's portion is his people, Jacob his allotted heritage. - Deut 32:7-9

There's a lot going on here, and scholarly papers are written about it, such as this one:

Deuteronomy 32:8 and the Sons of God

In verse 7, Moses is claiming that the elders of Israel had a reliable history that went back as far as the dispersion at Babel. Jews during Jesus time believed that when God divided up mankind into the 70 nations at Babel, he put an angelic being, called a son of God, in charge of each one (verse 8). Israel alone had direct access to God (verse 9). A key point is that Israel didn't believe YHWH was one of the Most High's 70 sons because they didn't believe that they themselves were one of the 70 nations (the nations are listed in Genesis 10).

Here's where it ties in with the Ugarits. The Ugarits also believed that El (God) had 70 sons, and that one of them, whom they called Baal, was in authority over them. They erroneously began worshiping him instead of El, and called him the Most High.

I think the Ugarits had it partly right. They were correct that God divided up the nations at Babel and assigned each one a divine minder. But they got some things wrong (like El having a wife).

But my main point is that I don't expect everything in Judaism to be original. Why should it, when Noah and his family had correct knowledge of God? Why should we expect all of their knowledge to be lost until Abraham? Wasn't Melchizedek worshiping the Most High during Abraham's time? Didn't righteous Shem live until Abraham's time?

The Ugarits aren't the only ones who seem to have kept partial knowledge of God. The ancient Chinese God, called Shang Di ("Lord of Heaven") is so much like the God of the Bible that some Christian missionaries to China preached (and still do) that they are one and the same. I think they are, and that Genesis and the Flood can still be found in the Chinese language.

If you're a Bible literalist like me, you believe all mankind has a shared parentage and a shared history, at least through Babel. We shouldn't be surprised to find evidence of that in the early history of other cultures. In fact, if the Bible is true, shouldn't we expect it?

I know I haven't addressed everything you've written, and I'll be pleased to talk about any specific questions you have and I'll answer them as best I can. In the meantime I'd like to share this link with you. It's by a Christian scholar named Dr. Michael Heiser who has published a lot of stuff on this subject (and he reads the original languages, including Ugaritic).

[Early Israelite history: The Divine Council]

imo they were a tribe that had the same stories just penned earlier from the same facts .?

Ive adressed the comment below in another section as misinformation :-

" Moses is probably based on the Egyptian pharaoh Akhenaten "

Probably is a word that probably shouldnt be used when talking of such important questions imho , Evolution uses the word FACT when its really should be using the word hypothetically probable :-)

or from where i sit most likely impossible at best .

(Linda) I found "John's" post about my comments on this subject from several years ago on General Discussion (topic) Prophecies. He desperately tries to prove that "I didn't do my research" with idiotic rubbish that doesn't explain or prove a thing.John especially needed to post remarks since someone posted "nice information."under my answer. That can be found on General Discussion (topic) Prophecies. My information had evidence to back it up and I can actually read books on a subject and then write about it myself. I even know how to spell simple words and use the correct grammar.

If you would care to read a book on the subject: Mark S Smith, 'The origins of biblical monotheism: Israel's polytheistic background and the Ugaritic texts', New York: Oxford University Press, 2001.

Once you put together all of the evidence (if you can) by reading material from qualified sources, you can then assemble it together, and write about it. The Israelites lived with the Canaanites in Ugarit where archaeologist, anthropologists and historians found the writings of the polytheistic pagan religion of Ugarit and it was obvious that the OT or Hebrew Scriptures came from them. I have read them and there are exact books in the OT that obviously came from these texts The Jewish people evolved from polytheism to monotheism with the promotion of a god who had been known by a variety of names, into one supreme God, Yahweh who had a consort, Asherah. Yes, God had a wife. This female entity was later merged by Greek and Roman traditions into Aphrodite and Venus, and known earlier to the Egyptians as Isis.

(John) The Ugarits aren't the only ones who seem to have kept partial knowledge of God."

(Linda) If you had ever read any book or scholarly work on the subject you would know that the "CANAANITES" were the people who lived in UGARIT. The Israelites lived for centuries with the Canaanites. Many of the sacrifices that are mentioned in the Ugaritic texts have names that are identical to those described in the book of Leviticus. It is also clear that Ugaritic and early biblical Hebrew poetry share a common literary tradition. Egypt ruled over Ugarit (the Canaanites) at that time. Archaeological finds attest to the fact that the religious beliefs of Egypt, Canaan, and Mesopotamia were transformed into the Bible's worshiping the Golden Calf story on Mount Sinai.

You don't seem to grasp what is being said - the Hebrew god was taken from the Canaanites. The Jewish people evolved from polytheism to monotheism with the promotion of a god who had been known by a variety of names, into one supreme God, Yahweh who had a consort, Asherah. Yes, God had a wife. This female entity was later merged by Greek and Roman traditions into Aphrodite and Venus, and known earlier to the Egyptians as Isis. None of this confirms the bible babble as the word of any one true God, it was taken from a pagan religion with many gods. That was common in ancient times. When they took another tribes religon or god they would assimilate it into their religion so it could take over and theirs would cease to exist.

Scholars use the Ugaritic text to understand concepts and words in the bible - because in many instances it has been badly misinterpreted. Besides single words being illuminated by the Ugaritic texts, entire ideas or complexes of ideas have parallels in the literature. Deities worshiped at Ugarit were El Shaddai, El (the chief god) Elyon, and El Berith. The Hebrew writers apply all of these names to Yahweh. What this means is that the Hebrew theologians adopted the titles of the gods and attributed them to Yahweh in an effort to eliminate them. If Yahweh is all of these there is no need for these gods to exist. This process is known as assimilation.

Besides the chief god at Ugarit there were also lesser gods, demons, and goddesses. The most important of these lesser gods were Baal, Asherah, Yam and Mot. In Hebrew Asherah is called the wife of Baal; but she is also known as the consort of Yahweh! Baal (a lesser deity) is described as the "rider on the clouds" interestingly enough, this description is also used in Psalm 68:5 for Yahweh. One Ugaritic text testifies that among the inhabitants of Ugarit, Yahweh was viewed as another son of El ( sm . bny . yw . ilt ) "The name of the son of god, Yahweh." This text showing that Yahweh was known at Ugarit, though not as the Lord but as one of the many sons of El.

Among the other gods worshiped at Ugarit there are Dagon, Tirosch, Horon, Nahar, Resheph, Kotar Hosis, Shachar (who is the equivalent of Satan), and Shalem. One of the most famous of the lesser deities at Ugarit was Dan'il. There is little doubt that this figure corresponds to the Biblical Daniel (while predating him by several centuries.) Most scholars agree that the Canonical prophet was the Ugarit Dan'il. Another creature is Leviathan. Hebrew text Isaiah 27:1 and Ugarit texts describe this beast.

We know that Moses didn't write the first five books of the Bible, known as the Torah. Scholars know that a single individual did not write the first five books of the Bible known as the Torah (the law) or the Pentateuch. Archeologists and Scholars know that many different people wrote them. The first five books are a compilation of conflicting diverse writing composed over many centuries. The OT story that claims Moses was given the law on Mt. Sinai and was ordered by God to bring the law down to his people is a lie. It is also a fact that the Ten Commandments were not given to Moses on Mt. Sinai they came from the Egyptian Book of the Dead. This can easily be found to be true with a little research. A number of archaeologists and scholars have found through research that there were never any Hebrew slaves in Egypt, no exodus or wandering the desert. Archaeological sweeps of the Sinai have failed to find any evidence of Moses et al wandering there.

You don't seem to grasp what is being said - the Hebrew god was taken from the Canaanites. Their religion evolved from polytheism with the promotion of a god who had been known by a variety of names, into one supreme God, Yahweh. None of this supports the bible babble as the word of any one true God, it was taken from a pagan religion with many gods. That was common in ancient times. When they took another tribes god they would assimilate it into their religion and that would eliminate the other gods. .

The first five books of the OT are a compilation of conflicting diverse writing composed over many centuries. The OT story that claims Moses was given the law on Mt. Sinai and was ordered by God to bring the law down to his people is a lie. The Ten Commandments were not given to Moses on Mt. Sinai. This can easily be found with a little research. A number of archaeologists and scholars have found through research that there were never any Hebrew slaves in Egypt, no exodus or wandering the desert. Archaeological sweeps of the Sinai have failed to find any evidence of Moses et al wandering there. People wandering the desert for forty years should have left something behind to find by now.

I do not know what you are saying about 'johns' post from several years ago , im not the 'same' john i can assure you i wouldnt hang around here that long , i have posted here only a few weeks ' to long '

Im not going to comment on your wall of dribble and that is all it is :-

" Asherah. Yes, God had a wife." The CANAANITES were rebuked by GOD because of ASHERAH , the CANAANITES had many GODS as did the JEWS in the beginning it was the one Supreme GOD who told them to get Asherah out of the temples or be Destroyed ...

Gee you know everything from Quantum mechanicis to Theology ? Why is that ? Alot of time and effort spent to prove to yourself GOD doesnt exist ?

Doubled up said the above in another post , im out ...

The Great Delusion predicted is here ..

(LINDA)

"monotheism with the promotion of a god who had been known by a variety of names, into one supreme God, Yahweh who had a consort, Asherah. Yes, God had a wife."

" promotion of a god who had been known by a variety of names, into one supreme God, Yahweh who had a consort, Asherah. Yes, God had a wife. "

might wanna watch what you Copy/Paste ooops i spelt want to wrong sorry ...

"Mark S Smith, 'The origins of biblical monotheism: Israel's polytheistic background and the Ugaritic texts', New York: Oxford University Press, 2001."

Review :-Robert Gnuse Loyola University

" Smith probably diverges from most scholars with his thesis"

(LINDA)

A number of archaeologists and scholars have found through research that there were never any Hebrew slaves in Egypt, no exodus or wandering the desert. Archaeological sweeps of the Sinai have failed to find any evidence of Moses et al wandering there.

(JOHN)

Adam Zertal, an archaeologist at the University of Haifa, has dedicated his life to mapping the biblical episodes in Samaria, including the entry of Joshua into the Holy Land.

"We found almost certain proof that the story of the entry into Israel is very believable," said Zertal, who has spent eight years excavating a site on Mount Ebol, where the Bible states Joshua set up his first altar to God. "

You know attacking people for incorrect gramma says more about the person than a persons belief which is a good thing for Atheism i guess , Just not a good thing for discussion or this site ...

I have found and do find attcking someones ability to spell or not to spell doesnt prove anything as far as 'evidence' go's , but it speaks volumes about immaturity .

I usually do spell check , this site doesnt allow editing , anyway ive been here way to long , but i have learnt a few things :-)

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

ustream.tv

On Saturday, September 26th, our pre-cruise lecture will be from Heina Dadabhoy. The lecture will start at 2pm.

The annual ACA Bat Cruise will be Saturday, September 26 at 6pm. Order your tickets via our products page.