User Name:

Password:

FAQ Donate Join

General Discussion
Help....

I was just told that the other 603 commandments weren't valid because JESUS said they weren't valid. Can someone point to me where this is possible? In the Bible?

Thanks

First, the number 613 (the supposed number of Jewish laws in the Torah) is largely made up. They've tried to turn it into a numerology thing: "There are 365 negative commandments, corresponding to the number of days in a solar year, and 248 positive commandments, ascribed to the number of bones and significant organs in the human body." (from Wikipedia). The number 10, for "ten commandments" is also pretty subjective. Try counting them yourself. Remember, too, that the Catholics have done away with the graven images commandment. They've removed a commandment and they still call the number 10. How is that possible? (Ans: It's bullshit to begin with.)

Now, I don't know of anywhere Jesus said the Mosaic law was invalid. In Matthew 5:17, he allegedly says, "Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them." Then, in 5:18, he allegedly says, "I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished." Ask your "friend" for the chapter and verse.

What's going on is that the conservative Christians in the US have decided to promote the 10C as the only part of the Old Testament that they really deem valid. This allows them to ignore wide swaths of the Bible that they find inconvenient. The irony is that Christians have long persecuted and killed them, so they clearly don't believe in "thou shalt not kill". They perpetually lie, including every lie I'm pointing out in this note. They covet the unborn children of others (for their potential future tithes). They make idols out of 10C monuments, lie about the intents and words of the founding fathers, and generally worship power. They don't believe the crap they're selling, so why should anyone else.

So, it's lies all the way down.

People really think that Jesus fulfilled/completed the laws. They believe that before Jesus died was a time where they had to live by certain laws. These people believe that since Jesus died the other laws don't matter. "Since Jesus died there was a time of grace for our souls and that is what Christians live under today.". Then I've hear that Jesus dying was the end all be all for they way we atone for our sins.

Why are rthey making this so confusing?

Then

Its called obscuration and its one of the tricks they pick up to defend their Faith. They have no valid argument for why they believe in the nonsense of their Faith.

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

ustream.tv

Join us for the Bat Cruise Lecture, 1:15pm September 27th at Trinity United Methodist Church, at 40th and Speedway. Lecturers will be Richard Carrier and Chris Johnson.

The ACA Bat Cruise is set for Saturday, September 27th, 6-8pm. Purchase tickets in advance here.

The audio and video from Dr. Shahnawaz August lecture is now available.