User Name:

Password:

FAQ Donate Join

General Discussion
How to deal with a believer that is NOT willing to question his beliefs.

I am a teeter-er.... I don't believe the same stuff as my parents/grandparents do. You see, I was baptisted and I believed in Jesus. But I currently need help. I started dating this devout Christian (he didn't tell me right off he was a Christian, which should've been a sign) but I've grown to care about him. I have expressed that I don't believe in the Bible. I am usually met with a condescending repsonse, usually snarky.

Long, long story short. What is a question I could ask my boyfriend (33, raised as a Christian and recently *trying* to reaffirm his faith) that I can ask him to prompt him to search deeper into the facts about his religion?

Asherraa,

I am a single older gentleman. In the past my friends would arrange to have me over to meet one of their single women friends. I almost never experienced a situation where they didn't ask me where I go to church, sometimes before they knew may name.

I had a few relationships that lasted a short time, but they have always flopped eventually. Even if they don't start out asking me where I go to church, once I get to know them they want to take me to their church. I always refused the invitation. They always wanted to know why I wouldn't go with them to church, so I told them. That was usually the last time I heard from them too, and I was not unhappy. I always said good riddance to a lot of needless turmoil. Since then I met some freethinkers back home and we get along fine. I never have to explain a thing.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this, you can't make someone into the person you want for a companion, and you need to meet someone who already is that person.

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

ustream.tv

On Saturday, September 26th, our pre-cruise lecture will be from Heina Dadabhoy. The lecture will start at 2pm.

The annual ACA Bat Cruise will be Saturday, September 26 at 6pm. Order your tickets via our products page.