User Name:

Password:

FAQ Donate Join

General Discussion
Capital Punishment

What is the ACA's position on it? What is your position on it as an Atheist? I'm against it because it's worse than being in hell forever. I'm not even for life sentences because it's as bad as being in hell forever. With optogenetics we can control our brain to cure depression. Maybe it can cure the emotions that end up in rape, murdur, and violence. That way the offenders have a chance at getting free by inhibiting the cause of their aggression. Actually smoking while pregenant causes aggressive kids, but optogenetics could heal that. Maybe it can heal the victims' traumas as well. Atheism can only take care of the logistical side of the problem, which is extremely important if emotions aren't the cause of the crimes.

The ACA doesn't have an official position on that topic and probably never will. It is an issue that has almost nothing to do with atheism or religion.

The rest of your e-mail seems to be a pile of questionable assertions given without evidence.

It's speculation, dude. How about the ACA should apologize for attracting Linda because the Atheist Experience made fun of people with spelling errors and exclamation points.

Evolution of Love - nineteeneightyfour (one of many pseudonyms) and I know them all. He is as nutty as a fruitcake, and as full of shit as a Christmas turkey. He has lost every debate with me so far. That's why he has to keep changing his name, I guess.

Topic - Religious questions on a school assignment - Noconflict - started out telling this woman that she couldn't do anything because other people were in power. Who do you think that is? Two people told him that he is a coward, but that was the understatement of the century. He is a stupid creationist coward.

Nonconflict - "If you really want to "punish" the school for this behaviour you should wait for a suitable moment there your daughter doesn't depend on this teacher so you can strike! Behave like The Count of Monte Cristo would do. ;-)"

That might have worked out for a stupid cowardly asshole if everyone was a dumb as they are, but there not, because you got your ass kicked twice!

I don't care if that fey wimp moron got his feelings hurt, I don't. Creation Science belongs on a Christian Apologist Web Page. Why would an atheist community support creationism? Back to you asshole!

Sorry for puting creation science on your website.

I did it here so that no one would buy into it.

Stay on topic, point out the stuff that has to do with Atheism and religion then if you're going to attempt to answer any more questions. By the way, please answer the other question.

Spelling errors are a fault of education institution, not the people, because we don't have a phonetic alphabet. I've made one, but you guys don't care about it or actually thinking about the cause of the problems.

I can see that Linda is very angry and I don't blame her. I have just a few words to say.

Devin said, "Spelling errors are a fault of education institution, not the people, because we don't have a phonetic alphabet."

In the debate about Genesis Devin said, "I was homeschooled and private schooled." This is not the Public School System, this is home school and Private 'Christian' School, and you said that on Question: What's a Relationship with God? I really think that it should be made clear, otherwise, it appears to be a way to misrepresent things. I know where you have learned to be the person you are today, and that is your handicap.

You do not understand atheists or atheism, and it is evident from most everything you have written. It is not your job to save anyone, because you need to take care of your own problems. You do not have the right to bring another person's name into a rift you are currently having with someone else. Anything another party is saying, being told or asked, where Linda is concerned, is none of your business. I know that you think you do have the right to do just anything, but you don't. I don't think that you should be here at all, especially considering what you are doing. But if you are going to be here, you should mind your own business. I have seen your posts and it is clear what you are doing. You caused a harangue on another thread; you got in there to talk about Linda, in a situation where she was asked an additional question. You tried to use that as an excuse to besmirch her, and then you butted in and answered the question wrong. Her first answer was not off topic, and she did find the (contradictory) passages that clearly states the rest of the information he wanted. Linda is not pursuing you, and you are not a victim The way you were demanding that Don answer you was very rude. He doesn't have to answer you unless he wants to. If he has said all that he wants to say that is his right. You need to leave him alone. These people have done nothing to you, and it is obvious to me that the problem is within you. You have a superior attitude when you are talking to people with MA and Ph.D degrees. You are blaming your faults on anything and anyone. Many people told you that you were wrong, in the infamous debate about Genesis, and you insulted them also. Linda looked up an incredible amount of science to show you that your theory about Genesis didn't work. You were ungrateful and didn't want to learn. You are the one who is not here for anything constructive and I think you should find out why.

Jacqueline

Well said. But Don was rude to me when he didn't answer my question correctly. He didn't assume that I wanted to know the part about what it does have to do with Atheism when obviously we know what Atheism is. It was his mistake to not show us that he didn't know that I knew what he told me.

Devin Wesley Harper said, "What is the ACA's position on it? What is your position on it as an Atheist?

Assuming you meant your topic Capital Punishment.

Don Baker said, "The ACA doesn't have an official position on that topic and probably never will."

The fact is that you don't understand that Atheists groups don't function like your church does. There is no group-think involved in a group of atheists or freethinkers. In other words everyone is an individual with their own ideas, and they are allowed to have ideas that are very different on many topics. The only thing that some of us have in common is the fact that we do not believe the god myth. It is probably hard for you to conceive of people that have not been indoctrinated since birth and all think alike, but that's not atheism. No, you don't understand what he is saying and you probably never will. You are not an atheist and that is why you don't get along with them. They do not want what you have got, which is nothing really. You are just another delusional person who will live and die believing a pack of lies. So, have fun, but leave us alone cause nobody is buying what you are trying to sell.

It's not my fault you all are prejudiced against people who know how to debate for things they don't believe in.

Ray,

Devin, "It was his mistake to not show us that he didn't know that I knew what he told me."

Did you notice? Didn't show US. That is very conspicuous, and this sounds like someone pretty young. I mean he can barely express himself, and I can't understand most of it. I wonder who is really behind this.

He knows what atheists think about capital punishment, so why was he asking? Nobody knows how any atheist thinks on any subject, except religion.

Devin, "Why should we respect people who have PHDs in arguments they have no answers to? In other words, what good is not arguing to someone on subjects they didn't educate themselves in? I used every one of Linda's teachings. If you are to make a claim that I have no understanding in particular talk of mine, please make some evidence of this and point it out."

Linda has something to do with everything, and you know what? This whole thing is so nutty it's spooky. I mean really?

The person making a claim must prove that claim, and if they can't I don't have to believe it. Don didn't make any claim. He said there is no official position on that subject. That is the answer. He can't understand that?

Why did he call it an argument when Don didn't give him the chance to start one? Frankly, I think it was for the purpose of starting an argument and it just didn't work. This is weird, and I think this is some "genius's" idea of a way to cause trouble for people they have it in for.

Why should we respect people who have PHDs in arguments they have no answers to? In other words, what good is not arguing to someone on subjects they didn't educate themselves in? I used every one of Linda's teachings. If you are to make a claim that I have no understanding in particular talk of mine, please make some evidence of this and point it out.

Important topic, Linda thanks for bringing her up again,again,again and again Devin. So, yes, but then you are a coward. Did Linda tell you that you are too stupid to understand Don's answer? I'm sure we're all familiar with idiots on this chat. Devin, if that's your real name. So, okay, what was I saying … Ah yes, what ship, Linda taught you to be an asshole that can't understand answers. I bet you will just go off and find any poor schmoe to blame you stupidity on. Cause that's what happens….ah yes, what drivel, what utter ship.

Good point, maybe since it doesn't seem like you guys are smart enough to understand my answer(s) it doesn't mean you don't.

I wasn't blaming Linda for anything, I was acusing her of something because it was something that was on topic. What I do blame for me confusing capital punishment is that I saw Pride Day from this website, that the ACA was there, and so it has as much to do with religion as capital punishment. I guess the ACA doesn't officially support gays.

Atheists do not officially support any kind of bigotry. Meaning any minority group that is subjected to hate and bigotry. Theists are not in that category since they are an overbearing majority trying to force their sense of morality (a joke) and their stupid beliefs on us and our Government.

For instance people who want to beat up gays and leave them hanging on a fence dead. You thought you could bring up some issue for a cause célèbre. And create some kind of controversy within the atheist community over it.

Unfortunately for you atheists are united on those kinds of issues, and they do support them. Another of those kinds of issues is Separation of Church and State.

However, no atheist is compelled to support anything except those issues that support atheism. Individual atheist groups can decide to march in a parade or support anything they want to support as long as they are doing it willingly.

I said it was "speculation, dude." What it is is an educated guess. I told you that optogenetics is used for curing depression. I said dude for the same reason I said bud to another person, to be relaxed. I meant no offense to Baker.

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

blip.tv ustream.tv

ACA members! It's time to renew your ACA membership. You can do so online if you log in and then click here or check your e-mail for alternate instructions. Thanks for supporting the ACA.

The after-the-show meetup after the Atheist Experience TV Show has moved to El Arroyo, 1624 W 5th St.