User Name:

Password:

FAQ Donate Join

Atheist Experience
The Big Question

I kind of get tired of the atheist/theist debates some times mostly because of the egos that get in the way of getting to truth and understanding. I am an atheist and it seems silly to me that any of the religious nonsense is real. But, to be honest, I kind of think the same way about existence and the existence as well. Am I the only one that feels this way. To exist in a vast universe that we will probably never understand-- I don't know. I guess I just want my time here to mean something more. It seems odd to exist for a blink of an eye then no longer exist at all. So, again, am I the only atheist here to feel his way?

Hello Susan, no you are no the only person to feel this way. I too get tired of the atheist vs theist debates and have settled into an apatheist position. I simply do not care and I think for others to browbeat others into a epistemic position that in reality does not make a difference are just dogmatic. Nothing a theist tells me will make me believe in the existence of a god, because their only words. If god existed then we would not have to debate this topic.

Good point Allen, very well said!

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

ustream.tv

From the officers:

The next ACA Board Meeting will be Sunday, August 16th at 1pm at the ACA Library, 1507 W. Koenig Ln.

The annual ACA Bat Cruise will be Saturday, September 26 at 6pm. Order your tickets via our products page.