User Name:

Password:

FAQ Donate Join

Atheist Experience
Atheist Experience video lag

Hey people!

I noticed that since about episode 665 of the Atheist Experience, the blip.tv upload that makes it to the AE front page has a very notable lag. That seems to be in the file itself, not a player or user error.

Did something in the processing change? Is there a way to counteract the effect? It doesn't appear like a horribly hard thing to fix, but on the other hand, we had these lags for several episodes now - and I can't imagine that *nobody* involved in the process ever checks if the video is working correctly.

So: Is there anything that could be done, is it blip's fault and the video is torn apart during the upload, and can I look forward to episodes with correct timing again? :D

Vetaro,

Others have pointed this out. Yes, we sometimes do have different recording paths because our main recording doesn't work out and we use a secondary one. I'm looking into the problem. It might be happening on #668, as well....

Ah, thanks :D

I noticed that one episode (for a while) even had the video slowed down minimally, which is probably much harder to fix than just shifted Audio/Video launch. I'm glad #667 is fixed already.

And, did I mention that I'm also glad people like you exist and do all these things and so on :D

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

ustream.tv

On Saturday, September 26th, our pre-cruise lecture will be from Heina Dadabhoy. The lecture will start at 2pm.

The annual ACA Bat Cruise will be Saturday, September 26 at 6pm. Order your tickets via our products page.