User Name:

Password:

FAQ Donate Join

Atheist Experience
Subjects of Interest

There are many subjects of interest that could be examined that would be of interest to skeptical people who understand what plausible means. One topic of interest is the plausibility of the existence of God. My first question would be why is God hidden? Supposedly God has done some incredible and observable things. So, what possible reason would God have to then hide and send people out into the entire world to tell them about Him? Illiterate people at that! I'm sure they had a little trouble understanding an all-knowing Being. Also, there are many things that can't be seen that we can prove do exist except for God. The usual reply is, "you can't prove God doesn't exist anymore than someone can prove he does", but they actually do think that faith proves he does. This is just a feeble attempt to even the playing field by making their belief seem as rational as non-belief. If God doesn't want to prove that he exists why should I need to prove that He doesn't.

No, this invisible, undetectable by any method Supernatural Being presumption is appalling. Doubt does not even spring to mind - it's absurd. It's a sin not to believe in God in spite of all the things that don't make a lick of sense - including it's a sin not to believe in something that there is no way to prove exists. You are suppose to just have faith that God does exist. I wonder how many other ridiculous things people believe on faith.

This is the 'Riddle of Epicurus'about God and Evil.

If He is able, but not willing Then He is malevolent.

If He is both able and willing Then whence cometh evil?

If He is neither able nor willing Then why call Him God?

Translated by David Hume in the Dialogues concerning Natural Religion: If God is willing to prevent evil, but is not able to. Then He is not omnipotent.

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

blip.tv ustream.tv

From the officers:

The audio and video from Steve Bratteng's July 13th lecture are now available.