User Name:

Password:

FAQ Donate Join

Atheist Experience
Satan Worshippers

You know how theists often use the term "Satan/Devil worshipper" as an insult towards atheists? Well we all already know what a monster God is. He is an insane, cruel, extraordinarily shallow, murderous, genocidal, psychopathic moron. So what could Satan possibly have done to be considered evil compared to God? Now I don't know very much about Satan, but it seems to me, he doesn't do a whole lot in the way of intentionally smiting the innocent. And theists hate him, so he MUST be a reasonable guy.

What does Satan do that is distinctively more evil than the horrors that God commits?

Dan,

Fine question. I hope you get a satisfactory answer.

Atheists think that Satan is just as silly a concept as God. Having a theist say that if you don't believe in God, you must be a Satan worshiper is a lot like saying, "You don't believe in Zeus, you must be a Hera worshiper". Atheists reject the entire pantheon and theists often don't understand that there's something besides their pantheon.

The evil that takes place in this world is created by us, human beings, not God (evil, such as murder, genocide, and cruelty are stemmed from temptation, which comes from satan). Why doesn't God simply put an end to all of it? Because He gave us a free will, in order to prove if we love Him. The evil that takes place in this world is not of His doing. It's completely our own.

I'll pray to the insane psychopathic moron for you. Whether you believe in the higher power or not, the beliefs that you, as an atheist, hold probably make satan abundantly happier than the most faithful of satanic worshipers. To insult anybody, whether they are atheist or not, is hypocritical because insulting anyone is an insult to God. But your belief system, which is fundamentally contrary to what God asks of us, is something that only strengthens satan, thus ironically adding to the murder, genocide, cruelty, etc. that takes place everyday. Call me crazy if you want, but we'll all find out the truth when we die.

Kat said, "The evil that takes place in this world is created by us, human beings, not God (evil, such as murder, genocide, and cruelty are stemmed from temptation, which comes from satan). Why doesn't God simply put an end to all of it? Because He gave us a free will, in order to prove if we love Him. The evil that takes place in this world is not of His doing. It's completely our own."

That's right a non-existent god/devil have nothing to do with what has ever gone on in this world.

Apollonius of Tyana the Nazarene a Revelation Saved From the Flames that burnt the Alexandrian Library, which the Roman Churchmen razed to the ground to destroy all records of the Mystery Man of Christianity, Apollonius of Tyana, the historical Christ and World Teacher of the First Century, Now Revealed to the World for the First Time. Proving that apollonius of Tyana was the true founder of early Christianity and that the "Jesus Christ" of the New Testament had no existence except in the imagination of the Pagan Roman priests at Nicea, subsequently called the "Church Fathers," who invented him. The murdering Constantine defied Jesus in order to unify Rome to concur and enslave the world. The last scientist to work at the library of Alexandria was a woman named Hypatia. She was born in 370 A.D. Her father preceded her at the library in the field of mathematics and astronomy. The archbishop of Alexandria, whose name was Cyril, came to despise her. Her learning and science represented the Pagan culture, which time Church was intent on annihilating. In 415 Cyril the archbishop arranged for a band of fanatics to kill Hypatia on her way to work. Cyril of Alexandria was made a saint. He had caused the murder of Hypatia and the burning of the library of Alexandria?

Kat said, "I'll pray to the insane psychopathic moron for you. Whether you believe in the higher power or not, the beliefs that you, as an atheist, hold probably make satan abundantly happier than the most faithful of satanic worshipers.

How's that? Atheists don't have a belief system. They simply don't believe in deities, the supernatural or holy books.

Kat said, "To insult anybody, whether they are atheist or not, is hypocritical because insulting anyone is an insult to God. But your belief system, which is fundamentally contrary to what God asks of us, is something that only strengthens satan, thus ironically adding to the murder, genocide, cruelty, etc. that takes place everyday. Call me crazy if you want, but we'll all find out the truth when we die."

You don't have to wait that long to find out the truth if you were really looking for it - in more than one book. You recognize the devil as a Supreme evil being, which is the antithesis of God. We think it is the exact copy of many myths. You can find the origin of these if you ever get brave enough to look for some real answers.

If you and your mates throw a party, would you invite a fat horrible weird snotty nosed loser to your party, you probaly wouldnt because youd probaly think their presence would ruin the party.

another example, if any of you dont smoke, unless youve stopped, chances are you dont like smoking at all, you think its stupid and horrible smelling etc, but to a smoker smoking is fine, it smells alright, nothing that wrong with it.

god doesnt want to ruin his party by inviting sinners, god gave jesus so we could use him as a sacrifice and claim perfection in gods eyes as he has paid the price for our sins anyway, however since he is sinless its like smoking, he hates the smell of smoke and doesnt want it at his party, you need to quit smoking (repent and make jesus your saviour) and you can join his party..

thats how christianity works, before jesus died for us we were all sinners and justice demanded our deaths, the cost of a sin is death. god allowed sacrifices instead. god is merciful.

Is that truly what you believe? It breaks my heart that you choose not to see beyond the fairy tales that has been told to you. You speak of "free will" but you don't seem like you're even willing to use it. You actually want to be a slave to this "God" in the hopes that you can attend what you think will be greatest party ever. How childish of you to think in those terms, unless you are a child.

In your Christian view, what do you think will happen to those supposed sinners? You really believe that because someone does not believe in this Jesus fellow that it is deserving of eternal torture, to me this is grotesquely immoral. There's a lot of grey area there that you haven't even thought about. To any person with compassion and empathy can realize it's not right to glee over the suffering of others. The torturing and brutality that Christianity has conjured up is as disgusting as the tyrannical god that allegedly sets arbitrary rules and kills willy-nilly and tells others to kill willy-nilly.

What sins do you believe that everyone had that some character from the Bronze Age had to pay for by martyring himself. Do you really think that before this Jesus came around, everyone living at that time was just doing all sorts of depravity? Before the white man came and forced Christianity upon the world, did you not stop to think that many indigenous people in many different places were living in fairly nice peaceful lives with their own cultures and beliefs? If I was to logically think through your Christian view of the world, the party that you hope to attend doesn't sound like it's that great and not that many people are there or will be going. If you think that your God will deem you worthy just by repenting and by making Jesus your savior, you'll still have murderers and rapist and cheaters and any human depravity you can think of attending your so called party. Is it possible for you to have other thoughts other than how great your god is or have you been completely brainwashed and your programing so intensive that these questions don't even register. While you prepare yourself to one day go to some "party" that may or may not exist, I'll enjoy the party that is happening right now, which is reality.

Sammy said, "Is that truly what you believe? It breaks my heart that you choose not to see beyond the fairy tales that has been told to you. You speak of "free will" but you don't seem like you're even willing to use it. You actually want to be a slave to this "God" in the hopes that you can attend what you think will be greatest party ever. How childish of you to think in those terms, unless you are a child."

Yeah! He won't be dangling from the chandelier with Jesus?

Sammy said, "In your Christian view, what do you think will happen to those supposed sinners? You really believe that because someone does not believe in this Jesus fellow that it is deserving of eternal torture, to me this is grotesquely immoral. There's a lot of grey area there that you haven't even thought about. To any person with compassion and empathy can realize it's not right to glee over the suffering of others. The torturing and brutality that Christianity has conjured up is as disgusting as the tyrannical god that allegedly sets arbitrary rules and kills willy-nilly and tells others to kill willy-nilly."

Yeah! But are those areas (grey) or gray? Or just willy-nilly spelling.

Sammy said, "What sins do you believe that everyone had that some character from the Bronze Age had to pay for by martyring himself. Do you really think that before this Jesus came around, everyone living at that time was just doing all sorts of depravity?"

Maybe he could ask Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort because they can prove anything with a banana.

Sammy said, "Before the white man came and forced Christianity upon the world, did you not stop to think that many indigenous people in many different places were living in fairly nice peaceful lives with their own cultures and beliefs?"

Now let me see… James was the (supposed) brother of Jesus and James was a Jew… the Twelve Apostles were (supposed) to be Jews. That makes them all Hebrews not gentiles.

Sammy said, "If I was to logically think through your Christian view of the world, the party that you hope to attend doesn't sound like it's that great and not that many people are there or will be going.

Nobody with a tattoo can go to the party …. Leviticus 19:28 "Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD."

Sammy said, "If you think that your God will deem you worthy just by repenting and by making Jesus your savior, you'll still have murderers and rapist and cheaters and any human depravity you can think of attending your so called party. Is it possible for you to have other thoughts other than how great your god is or have you been completely brainwashed and your programing so intensive that these questions don't even register.

Where did you get your program or programming? I've heard that god is letting in very few. So, if you get to the party and there is a big crowd, including your entire family, you will know you're in hell.

Sammy said, "While you prepare yourself to one day go to some "party" that may or may not exist, I'll enjoy the party that is happening right now, which is reality."

Reality isn't a party - reality is what you face when the party is over.

Linda: "Yeah! But are those areas (grey) or gray? Or just willy-nilly spelling."

Both spellings of grey and gray are acceptable and are not willy-nilly spelling, but it seems Linda's attacks on others are the only thing willy-nilly.

Sammy said, "Is it possible for you to have other thoughts other than how great your god is or have you been completely brainwashed and your programing so intensive that these questions don't even register."

I'm sure you can use PROGRAMMING both ways too.

I think you've got it just a little backwards since the remarks of "confused Christian" were made right after Linda's answer to Kat. People who are butting in and correcting people should have the ability to do that. The most interesting remark made by "confused Christian" was his assumption about smoking. How does anyone know what anyone else does unless they have information to back it up? Is there some way to get that kind of personal information about people who are just posting in cyberspace? This is typical "Christian" conduct. How would smoking or not smoking prove anything about whether or not there is a devil or a god anyway? Hitler's ideal German didn't smoke, drink and was chaste. I'm sure many totally insane murders never smoked or did anything that would hurt themselves.

This was nothing like calling people names when someone doesn't like the answer. If someone didn't answer anything, when butting in, it might be pointed out.

Sammy said,"god doesnt want to ruin his party by inviting sinners, you need to quit smoking (repent and make jesus your saviour) and you can join his party.." Lucky, lucky, lucky me I'm a lucky son-of-a-gun, lalalalalla....wait a minute-is this gonna be a christian party? What goes on at a christian party-do you turn water into wine and throw stones at each other for fun? And my experience with christianity leads me to believe there is something that smells worse than cigarette smoke-the gallon hairspray, perfume and cologne worn by a roomful of sweaty foaming at the mouth christians.

"thats how christianity works, before jesus died for us we were all sinners and justice demanded our deaths, the cost of a sin is death. god allowed sacrifices instead. god is merciful."

That makes perfect sense. Torturing a half naked man to death makes up for smelly nasty smokers. How "merciful" of gawd. You are nuts.

Made a mistake in my post-I meant to say "confused christian said," not Sammy.

Atheists are the last people to be Satan worshipers. It's ridiculous. A Satan war-shipper would be as religious (or more-so) then a Christian etc.

My blog: http://the-atheist-perspective.blogspot.com/

not only do i NOT believe in Satan...I don't believe in Satan worshipers either!

to my knowledge there are no satan worshiping groups like Christians imagine them to be...people actually paying homage to the dark one (ooo spooky!) the groups in question either turn out to be A- just a bunch of teens who like to engage in anti-social socializing with candles, heavy metal music, and cheap booze or... B- nature worshiping types who claim many symbols used by Christians to represent Satan were actually hijacked from earlier pagan practitioners. and so their use of the pentagram for example, is not interpreted by them to be something evil because for them it has a whole different meaning.

I like the story of the Snake and the Fruit. Why isn't Satan the good guy of that Story?

As a literal story it doesn't have much of a point As an allegory for growing up, it's awesome. Knowledge helped Adam and Eve to grow up. To start taking responsibility for themselves. Yes, they had to leave the garden... growing up hurts.

god started a really horrible rumor about satan...there is no original sin god just made vaginas too small and needed someone to blame for painful childbirth. god, you are such a bitch.

Or maybe satan didn't invite him to his awesome 80's themed party. Either way god gets really bitchy when you don't pay attention to him.

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

blip.tv ustream.tv