User Name:

Password:

FAQ Donate Join

Atheist Community of Austin
ACA and its recognition in the Austin community

Hello ACA members!

For my journalism class, our assignment is to find a "minority" (minority really just meaning unique I suppose) group in the Austin community and talk to some of the members of that group and how they feel their people are covered in the media, if too much, not enough, or inaccurately.

I know you guys have quite a few weekly or monthly events that occur. How do you feel atheists are represented and portrayed in Austin? Any contribution of thought would be most helpful! Thanks

Jordan

JordanT,

Why don't you come and join us at one or more of our meetings. The Sunday, April 1st lecture may not be the best event as it's a formal lecture. Most of our other events are informal and a good opportunity to strike up a conversation. We are very much pro-education and it won't be hard to find people to talk to you.

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

blip.tv ustream.tv

Join us for the Bat Cruise Lecture, 1:15pm September 27th at Trinity United Methodist Church, at 40th and Speedway. Lecturers will be Richard Carrier and Chris Johnson.

The ACA Bat Cruise is set for Saturday, September 27th, 6-8pm. Purchase tickets in advance here.

The audio and video from Dr. Shahnawaz August lecture is now available.