User Name:

Password:

FAQ Donate Join

Atheist Community of Austin
I found him! Here is your God... Christians.

Here is your God, Christians. Jesus wasn't anything compared to this God. This God walks on water right now ...in your own lifetime! Go ahead. Check him out! Throw money at him. Kiss his feet. Sing silly songs for the symphony. You have all been looking in the wrong place!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBQLq2VmZcA

Criss Angel is a big douche. I believe that the walking on water trick was explained recently, where the people in the pool were in on the illusion. He was actually stepping on clear platforms spaced strategically so that people were able to swim under him and between his legs, creating the illusion that there wasn't a bridge. If Christians were as skeptical with their Lord Jesus as they are with Criss Angel, there wouldn't be a problem. But Christians choose not to use their rational thinking brain when it comes to their faith. In mostly every examination of reality, people of faith can usually figure out if they are being deceived, but when it comes to their beliefs, that area of their reasoning is switched off. "God did it, nuff said". It's really sad to me that people can be so brainwashed that choosing to have brain damage is a more favorable option than healthy skepticism.

Why do people like you feel the need to belittle people who have a belief in God. You guys say " prove there is a God ", well why dont you prove there isnt !?! I for one am not a religious person, but i do however beleve in a higher power. There is far to much going on this this universe/multiverse for anyone to make a claim that there is not some being that keeps LIFE going, whether human or otherwise.

Vi Vi,

I'm not addressing the comment about making fun of people with beliefs because I didn't read the web page. I don't waste my time on junk. I will address what you said about > "You guys say " prove there is a God ", well why dont you prove there isnt !?!

Most people dispute unsubstantiated claims, with the exception of people who are indoctrinated to the point that they can't think for themselves. There is no claim that can't be challenged. If you can't defend your claim by providing proof of the existence of a "God" then why ask someone to prove that it does not exist. You are making the claim and you have to defend it. If you cannot defend your claim then why make the claim? Come back when you have some proof.

Vi Vi > "I for one am not a religious person, but i do however beleve in a higher power. There is far to much going on this this universe/multiverse for anyone to make a claim that there is not some being that keeps LIFE going, whether human or otherwise."

Scientists and people who understand evolution do make that claim. You just decided something without any evidence; a hypothesis has to be based on evidence. Has your hypothesis been investigated by a series of predictions and experimental investigations? Those who believe in creation or a creator should present a theory (none has ever been presented) that is logical to science. That is exactly what Darwin did with the theory of evolution, and then he let the experts examine the evidence. You do not believe that there is any need for you to provide any proof of anything that you claim is true. There is no evidence of (design) or that anything was created, but there is plenty of evidence of evolution. Scientists first evaluate the plausibility of an explanation for some phenomena before they apply it to a theory. The problem with the creation theory is that it does not explain anything. There is no supernatural explanation for anything that we know scientifically. That is another reason the creation or creator theory is not plausible. There is no need for a supernatural creator to explain a natural phenomenon.

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

blip.tv ustream.tv