User Name:

FAQ Donate Join

Atheist Community of Austin

This is actually on the Jehova's Witnesses' official site:

Is it the one titled "Life Under the Control of Superstition"?

If so I read that! The irony is that a lot of us think that religion is a superstitious belief, and a lot of us think that it is the same as "the practice for which there appears to be no rational substance."

Although, it was a really good article on superstition, I think they left out a really important one.

I just read the article you mentioned. If that isn't the same thing as having a magician tell you that magic doesn't exist, or having a preacher tell you that there is no such thing as a preacher... then there is nothing else like that article, except in the minds of supersticious people telling others there is no such thing as superstition. That is, unless you consider *their* religion and their belief in God, which is anything *but* being superstitious ..."and let us tell you why."

What a crock of crap. ...and my brother is a Jehovahs witness, too.

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

From the officers:

The ACA Lecture Series continues Sunday, October 11th at 12:15pm in the Austin History Center, 9th and Guadalupe. The building opens at noon. Texas Freedom Network's Dan Quinn will give us an update on their activities. The lecture is free and open to the public.