User Name:

Password:

FAQ Donate Join

Atheist Community of Austin
Where to live without being asked what "church" I go to

My family is relocating to Austin and are looking for a nice community to live in where we will not be ostracized for our religious beliefs (or lack thereof - lol) We were looking at places NW of Austin (Twin Creeks, Deer whatever, etc.) due to hubby's work location and a good montessori school there. Can anyone help me with whether that area is more or less likely to constantly ask me about what church I go to? I am really tired of being asked that everywhere. I am sure you understand ;-)

Shouldn't be too much of an issue in downtown Austin. Or at least it will be less of an issue. Unfortunately Texas is overrun with religion, particularly christianity. East Austin I would try to avoid.

"Where to live without being asked what "church" I go to"

Inside of one.

scnr

:)

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

ustream.tv

From the officers:

The ACA Lecture Series continues Sunday, August 9th at 12:15pm at the Austin History Center with Heather Teague on Contemporary Mayan Culture and the Modern World. The lecture is free and open to the public. The building opens at noon.

From the officers:

The next ACA Board Meeting will be Sunday, August 16th at 1pm at the ACA Library, 1507 W. Koenig Ln.

The annual ACA Bat Cruise will be Saturday, September 26 at 6pm. Order your tickets via our products page.