User Name:

Password:

FAQ Donate Join

Atheist Community of Austin
Gotta Love those Christians that pray for your demise!!

This is actually pretty funny:

http://www.au.org/site/News2?JServSessionIdr005=o6v10jbl82.app13a&abbr=pr&page=NewsArticle&id=9327&security=1002&news_iv_ctrl=1241

HEY THERE IS MOST CERTAINLY A GOD AND YOU BETTER SHUT UP AND WATCH WHAT YOU SAY BECAUSE IF YOU MAKE FUN OF A CHRISTIAN FOR PRAYING THAN YOU HAVE SPOKE AGAINST THE HOLY GHOST AND YOU HAVE TO GO TO HELL THERE IS NO FORGIVENESS!!!!!!!! IF YOU CAN GIVE ME SOLID EVIDENCE THERE IS NO GOD THEN I WILL GIVE $20,000 BUT I KNOW THAT YOU CAN NOT BECAUSE I HAVE HEARD HIM SPEAK. IF YOU DON'T CHANGE YOU ALL WILL BE GOING TO A PLACE CALLED HELL!!!! IF THERE IS NO GOD WHERE DOES RIGHT AND WRONG COME FROM? IF WE ARE THE GODS OF OUR SELVES THAN I CAN KILL ANY ONE I WANT RIGHT INCLUDING THE ATHEIST. NO SEE THERE IS RIGHT AND THERE IS WRONG. GOD MADE US AND HE IS THE GOD OF US ALL!!!! YOU CAN CONTACT ME AT teresasturgill@yahoo.com

Can you give me solid evidence fairies don't exist? (I've never seen such evidence.) Am I to assume you believe in them as well? Do you believe in anything you cannot disprove? If I tell you I can breathe under water--do you believe me, or should extraordinary claims be disbelieved until proven? If you won't believe I can breathe under water unless I prove it to you, then you are making a clear judgement that the burden of proof falls squarely upon the person making the claim. And in the same fashion, it would be hypocritical to ask someone to believe in god unless they can disprove it; and it would likewise be hypocritical to say that you think it's valid to believe an extraordinary claim solely because someone else can't _disprove_ it.

Since I doubt you apply these same standards of "verification" to other outrageous claims--such as my abiliity to breathe under water, or the existence of fairies, why be hypocritical in applying it to your god? Better to avoid hypocrisy by actually proving your claim that god exists, in the same way you'd demand that I prove my claim that I can breathe underwater. Or in the same way you'd expect anyone of any other religion to prove their god's existence to you. Can you prove Shiva doesn't exist? Do you believe in Shiva?

I can give you some proof attend church not to go just to let me show you. Go to a holliness church and you shall see. You will feel the Holy Ghost so strong you would think very differently. If you do not do research form the inside of the church your case seems to not have enough evidence either.

Teresa age12

>If you do not do research form the inside of the church your case seems to not have enough evidence either.

I am an ex-Xian. So I have been inside a church. In fact, many atheists are ex-Xians. My question would be to you, have you attended a Mosque? A Hindu temple? A Buddhist temple? A Jewish temple? In other words--if you haven't checked into any every other religion, you can't know any of those aren't correct as well or instead.

>You will feel the Holy Ghost so strong you would think very differently.

What I may or may not "feel" has no bearing on what actually exists. If I truly "feel" that fairies exist, that doesn't make it so. Many people "feel" things that are do not correlate with reality. X may feel strongly like his marriage is solid--while his wife is cheating with his best friend. Many people experience hallucinations, both auditory and visual, because we _can_ very much experience things in our heads that may seem very real in objective reality--but that doesn't make it so. If I see a flower talking to me, I am very much experiencing a flower talking to me--but that doesn't mean that my mind is accurately reflecting what is occuring in objective reality.

What we "feel" and "experience" is only as valid as what we can actually confirm as being factual with regard to objective reality. If you can't confirm that your "feelings" of the Holy Ghost are actually caused by a Holy Ghost, then there is no real reason to trust that a Holy Ghost has caused your feelings. You're simply insisting that flowers speak, and you still haven't offered any real justification of why I (or anyone) should believe you aren't simply misinterpreting what you feel and misattributing it to a supernatural cause. What if your feelings are totally natural, and produced in your own brain--and you're simply mistakenly attributing them to a Holy Spirit. How can we rule out that this is what is happening? You tell me. Because if we can't, it seems far more plausible to me than the idea that some invisible, undetectable, supernatural being is magically forcing feelings into your head.

Wow, Teresa, you may have an anger management issue there! Why are you so MAD?

my mom and dad says that there is a God and they said they heard him speak!!

Teresa age12

Age 12, huh? Wow, guess that explains everything. Your comment also reminds me of a little joke: On the first day of school, a teacher asked her class, "Who here is a Christian?" Everyone but Rosie raises her hand. Teacher asks Rosie why she's not a Christian. She says "Because my parents said there's no God." The teacher said to the class, "So if Rosie's parents were idiots, what would that make her?"

Rosie chimed in, "A Christian!!!"

>my mom and dad says that there is a God and they said they heard him speak!!

Then they something in common with Andrea Yates.

I reposted the message about praying for the demise of your enemies. In case anyone would like to know the message is not about making fun of praying. It is about a preacher who is being investigated and he is praying for the demise of those who believe he has done wrong. As usual you are going off on someone before you know what you are talking about "Proud."

Follow us on:

twitter facebook meetup

blip.tv ustream.tv

ACA members! It's time to renew your ACA membership. You can do so online if you log in and then click here or check your e-mail for alternate instructions. Thanks for supporting the ACA.

The after-the-show meetup after the Atheist Experience TV Show has moved to El Arroyo, 1624 W 5th St.